Monday, February 25, 2008
Although I'm not what you would consider crazy over shoes, I had to snap a picture of this after I saw it in Saks the other day. The design, as well as the price, are both way over the top. My husband remembered the pair goes for $675. Shoud be able to swing that by simply digging coins out of the couch cushions, right?
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
I started out my day meeting Frank Marzullo from Fox 19 at his remote broadcast. He's originally from Youngstown and my oldest niece told me her mom was disappointed when he moved to Cincinnati. We had a nice little talk & I love the smoking jacket.
After a dinner of homemade Chicken Mole', 5chw4r7z and I made our way to Twist where we shared a Valentine's dessert of this:
And yesterday, we received this in the mail:
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Monday, February 4, 2008
During a chemistry experiment (in which she allowed her 11-year-old son to start the flames) she poured methanol on flaming mineral salts, causing a four foot wide fire that landed both young ladies in the hospital for three to four weeks. But that was just the beginning of their troubles. Between the two of them they endured blisters, unexplained rashes, post-traumatic stress disorder, addiction to painkillers, and non-support from some students and faculty who accused the two of trying to ruin the teacher's life by their attempt to have her removed from the classroom. Pratt used the single fire blanket to help only her son, leaving the two girls who were also actually on fire, to fend for themselves. Both students also had to deal with stares and comments when out in public.
Both girls went on to graduate high school, are attending ivy league universities and received a combined settlement of over $18 million. But they will never have what they had before this life-altering event. The biggest injustice: Mrs. Pratt continues to teach chemistry at Western Reserve Academy.